UK News

Detectives investigating Norfolk deaths not seeking anyone else

today21/01/2024

Background
share close

Detectives investigating Norfolk deaths not seeking anyone else

The bodies of four people were discovered in a house on Friday morning

Detectives investigating the deaths of four members of the same family at a house in Norfolk have confirmed they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the tragedy.

The bodies of two young girls, a 36-year-old woman and a 45-year-old man were found at an address in Costessey, Norfolk, on Friday morning.

A man called 999 from the property on Allan Bedford Crescent at around 6am that day, but police were not dispatched there.

Officers made the discovery around an hour and 15 minutes later after a member of the public alerted them at around 7am.

Norfolk Constabulary has referred itself to the police watchdog over the delay.

Detective Chief Inspector Chris Burgess said: “We’ve spoken to witnesses and neighbours, carried out house-to-house inquiries, examined local CCTV and completed initial scene investigations.

“As a result of this, we’re not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.”

A force spokesperson said: “A second referral has been made to the IOPC today following the identification of a 999 call made yesterday morning at 6am by a man at the address and police resources were not deployed.

“The IOPC will assess the circumstances of the call and determine the appropriate level of investigation required.

“As a result, no further information relating to the circumstances of this call will be released at this time.”

The force had already referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct on Friday over police contact about a missing person inquiry at the address last month.

Detectives said the man and two children lived at the address, but the woman was visiting and lived elsewhere. All four were found with injuries.

The man has been named in reports as Bartlomiej Kuczynski.

A post-mortem examination for the adult victims will take place on Sunday, while the girls will be formally identified on Wednesday.

Detectives said they they will not reveal the identities of the victims before they have been formally identified.

A cordon remains in place and specialist officers are supporting relatives of the victims.

Officers in uniform will continue patrols in the area on Sunday.

Churches opened on Saturday so people could pay tribute to the victims.

Bishop of Norwich Graham Usher said local clergy were offering support in the communities they serve and would be opening churches over the weekend for those who wish to pay tribute.

The Diocese of Norwich Facebook account wrote: “Our thoughts and prayers are with all those impacted by the tragic news in Costessey.”

Published: by Radio NewsHub

Written by: Radio News Hub


Search Rother Radio

About Us

Rother Radio – Love Local, Love Music! → Discover more