play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (128k) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (64K) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (128K) More Music Variety!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (64K) The Best Variety of Hits!

Local News

Andrew Gosden police investigation update as officers seize devices from two men

today13/01/2022

Background
share close

A number of devices have been seized from the two men arrested as part of the investigation into Andrew Gosden’s disappearance, South Yorkshire Police have confirmed.

A spokesperson for the force has told Yorkshire Live the devices are likely to take between “six and 12 months” to analyse.

It comes as two men were arrested in connection with the Doncaster teenager’s disappearance nearly 15 years ago, in 2007.

For the latest news and headlines in Doncaster click here.

SYP confirmed on Tuesday (January 11) that a 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of kidnap, human trafficking and the possession of indecent images.



Age progression photographs have been produced to try to anticipate what Andrew will look like now
Age progression photographs have been produced to try to anticipate what Andrew will look like now

A second man, aged 38, was also arrested on suspicion of kidnap and human trafficking.

The arrests were made in London on December 8 last year and both men have since been released under investigation.

Today (Thurs), SYP revealed numerous devices have been seized from the two men.

A spokesperson for the force said: “We can confirm we have seized numerous devices from the men which we expect to take between six and 12 months to analyse. We will provide proactive updates as soon as we have them.”

Andrew was 14 when he disappeared from his home in Littlemoor Lane, Balby, Doncaster in September, 2007.

The teenager, who would now be 28-years-old, left his home for school but was last seen at Kings Cross Station in London on the day of his disappearance. He never returned.

Despite many tips from the public, no further sightings have led to any information about his whereabouts.

Speaking to Yorkshire Live after news broke of the two arrests, Andrew’s dad, Kevin, said: “Obviously some fairly nasty scenarios start to play in your head but we put that to one side because it’s still under investigation and worrying doesn’t get you anywhere.”

Detective Inspector Andy Knowles said: “Our priority at this time is supporting Andrew’s family while we work through this new line of enquiry in the investigation. We are in close contact with them and they ask that their privacy is respected as our investigation continues.

“We have made numerous appeals over the years to find out where Andrew is and what happened to him when he disappeared. I would encourage anyone with any information they have not yet reported to come forward.”

To get the latest email updates from Yorkshire Live, click here.

Written by: Rother Radio News


Previous post

UK News

Prince Andrew’s accuser not motivated by ‘purely financial settlement’

Prince Andrew's accuser is not motivated by the prospect of a "purely financial settlement", her lawyer has said.David Boies said that Virginia Giuffre wants to be "vindicated" by the legal process, and that there was "no suggestion of settlement discussions at this point". Ms Giuffre accuses Andrew, the Duke of York, of forcing her to have sex more than two decades ago at a London home of convicted sex trafficker […]

today13/01/2022