play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (128k) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (64K) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (128K) More Music Variety!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (64K) The Best Variety of Hits!

Entertainment News

Sex And The City stars break silence over Chris Noth sexual assault claims

today21/12/2021

Background
share close

The stars of Sex And The City have said they are “deeply saddened” by sexual assault allegations made against co-star Chris Noth.

Two women have accused Noth, who played Mr Big in the hit series, of assaults in 2004 and 2015.

The actor has called the claims “categorically false” and said the encounters were consensual.

Chris Noth at the red carpet premiere of And Just Like That
Image: Chris Noth has strongly denied the claims

Co-stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis broke their silence on Monday night in a tweet that read:

“We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth. We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences.

“We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”

The statement came after Universal Television and CBS said Noth would no longer appear in The Equalizer series.

More on Chris Noth

Noth’s accusers said they came forward after the memories were stirred up by the 67-year-old reprising his role in Sex And The City spin-off And Just Like That.

They did not know each other and approached the Hollywood Reporter separately to make their claims.

Noth’s part in the show was short-lived after he was surprisingly killed off in the first episode after exercising on a Peloton bike.

In a statement last week, he questioned the timing of the allegations and added: “These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago – no always means no – that is a line I did not cross.”

Los Angeles police have said there is no criminal investigation under way and no report has been made.

 Sky News

© Sky News 2021

Written by: Rother Radio News


Previous post

Local News

A new sixth form could be opened at this Sheffield secondary school

A consultation has been launched about plans to open a new sixth form at a Sheffield secondary school.New post-16 education, with a focus on engineering and technology, could be provided at Stocksbridge High School. The Minerva Trust is working with the Stocksbridge Town Deal Board on the plans. Read more news from Sheffield here Sheffield Council said: “Through our plans, Chapeltown Academy would create a satellite hub located at Stocksbridge […]

today21/12/2021