play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (128k) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (64K) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (128K) More Music Variety!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (64K) The Best Variety of Hits!

Business News

InterContinental-owner IHG hunts successor to chairman Cescau

today11/10/2021

Background
share close

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), the FTSE-100 owner of Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn, is in talks to find a successor to Patrick Cescau, its veteran chairman.

Sky News has learnt that IHG, which has a market value of just over £9bn, is working with headhunters on a search for Mr Cescau’s replacement.

City sources said on Monday said a successor to Mr Cescau, who joined the IHG board in 2013, was likely to be in place by the time of next year’s annual meeting.

Patrick Cescau. Pic: IHG
Image: Patrick Cescau. Pic: IHG

Mr Cescau is one of the most prominent figures in British boardrooms, having served as chief executive of Unilever and as a director of companies including Pearson, Tesco and British Airways’ parent, International Airlines Group.

Shares in IHG have begun to recover after being badly dented by the COVID-19 crisis, with the company’s stock up 14% during the last year.

In August, it announced plans to launch an upmarket leisure hotels brand as it seeks to capitalise on recovering consumer demand for foreign holidays.

Keith Barr, the company’s chief executive, said that trading had improved markedly during the first half of the financial year, “with travel demand returning strongly as vaccines roll out, restrictions ease, and economic activity rebuilds”.

More from Business

He added that the recovery had been most pronounced in Greater China, where IHG has a big presence.

Last month, the company named Joanna Kurowska as the new head of its business in the UK and Ireland.

IHG declined to comment on the search for a new chairman.

 Sky News

© Sky News 2021

Written by: Rother Radio News


Previous post

UK News

Manchester Arena victim who could have been saved was ‘badly let down’, family say

The family of a care worker who could have been saved following the Manchester Arena bombing has refused to accept an apology from the senior paramedic on the night of the attack.The family of John Atkinson, 28, from Bury, Greater Manchester, said "mistake after mistake was made, and precious time was allowed to ebb away" and they wanted to "see what actions are taken to ensure this never happens again". […]

today11/10/2021