play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (128k) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (64K) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (128K) More Music Variety!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (64K) The Best Variety of Hits!

UK News

‘This is a disgrace’: Motorists’ fury as Insulate Britain block M25 during rush hour

today08/10/2021

Background
share close

Motorists have reacted with fury after Insulate Britain protesters blocked the M25 during rush hour – as climate activists also halt traffic at a key London roundabout.

Demonstrators are holding a protest at Junction 25 of the M25 at Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, causing long queues.

One woman caught up in the tailback told demonstrators they were “a disgrace, an absolute disgrace”.

“My daughter is late to school,” she said. “You are messing with childrens’ education because you are selfish”.

Handout photo issued by Insulate Britain of protesters from Insulate Britain blocking Junction 25 of the M25 motorway at Waltham Cross in Hertfordshire. Picture date: Friday October 8, 2021.
Image: Insulate Britain demonstrators block the M25

Insulate Britain protesters have also blocked the A501 at Old Street roundabout in Islington, north London, this morning

The Metropolitan Police is responding to both demonstrations.

The force said: “We know that some activists have used super glue to frustrate our efforts and to delay Londoners even further.

More from UK

“We train for these scenarios and have specialist teams on hand to help remove people and make arrests. We will share more information shortly.”

Insulate Britain says about 40 of its demonstrators are involved in the protests in London and Hertfordshire.

The group admits its actions on the M25 are “in breach” of an injunction obtained by the government last month.

 Sky News

© Sky News 2021

Written by: Rother Radio News


Previous post

Entertainment News

Jesy Nelson releases first single since leaving Little Mix

Jesy Nelson has released her first single as a solo artist since leaving the smash-hit girl band Little Mix last year.The 30-year-old's debut solo effort, named Boyz, is hip-hop inspired and samples Sean "Diddy" Combs' 2001 track, Bad Boy 4 Life. Boyz was co-written by Nelson while the singer was going through a painful break-up, and features a verse from rapper Nicki Minaj - who recently hit headlines for her […]

today08/10/2021