play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (128k) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (64K) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (128K) More Music Variety!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (64K) The Best Variety of Hits!

Local News

Heartbreaking moment dad Jason Bennett sits where ‘babies taken from him’ in Killamarsh tragedy

today20/09/2021

Background
share close

This is the moment the heartbroken father of two children found dead in a home in Killamarsh laid floral tributes at the scene where his “babies” died.

Jason Bennett paid tribute to his son and daughter John and Lacey, two of the four victims who were found dead at the property in Chandos Crescent yesterday (Sunday).

Derbyshire Police have confirmed a man had been arrested and later added a murder investigation had been launched.

For the latest Sheffield news and stories, click here.

Devastated Mr Bennett shared on Facebook how he had received the heartbreaking news his beautiful kids “had been taken away from me”.

He laid flowers at the scene this morning and a card which read: “To Lacey, my beautiful Tick Tock Queen, look after your brother and don’t wind him up. Soon I will be there to kiss you, hold you tight and make it all better. Love, Daddy.”



The father to some of the victims leaves flowers at the scene in Chandos Crescent, Killamarsh, near Sheffield, where four people were found dead at a house on Sunday. Derbyshire Police said a man is in police custody and they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths. Picture date: Monday September 20, 2021.
Jason Bennett, father to two of the victims leaves flowers at the scene in Chandos Crescent, Killamarsh.

A bouquet left for John reads: “To John, my beautiful son. Keep your kind heart shining while the angels are looking after you for me.

“I will see you soon. Daddy loves you. Fly high so proud of everything you achieved.”

Yorkshire Live understands John and Lacey’s mum Terri and a third child, who was staying over at their home for a sleepover, were also among the four people who lost their lives at the property.

Sharing the devastating news yesterday, Jason wrote on Facebook: “I need my babies back.



Messages left by the father to two of the victims on bouquets of flowers at the scene in Chandos Crescent, Killamarsh
Messages left by the father to two of the victims on bouquets of flowers at the scene in Chandos Crescent, Killamarsh

“Life will never be the same. My angels. Won’t be long till I’m touching your cheeks, holding you close and kissing your beautiful faces. Only you two can fix me”.

In another post from Sunday night, he wrote: “Absolutely heartbroken my heart into a million pieces. I didn’t protect my beautiful babies enough and now they have been suddenly taken away from me.

“I’m writing this as I’m lost and broken on a 4-hour drive back home having just received heartbreaking news that my beautiful boy John and beautiful daughter Lacey have been taken away from me.”



Jason Bennett, father to twoof the victims left flowers at the scene in Chandos Crescent, Killamarsh.
Jason Bennett, father to twoof the victims left flowers at the scene in Chandos Crescent, Killamarsh.

The community has been shaken following the tragic events, with family, friends and strangers all laying flowers in tribute.

Shaun Rutherford, whose dad lives in the area told Yorkshire Live: “It’s quiet, we don’t usually get this here.

“It’s a bit too close, I know about the ages [of the kids] and they’re not very old, it’s quite sad.

“It’s disgusting, I’m shivering now it’s disgusting. The dad put a post on Facebook it was his ex-partner, two kids and one of their friends.

Killamarsh murder investigation

“Poor families, going for a sleepover and never coming back.”

One woman who has lived here for 40 years said: “We don’t get stuff like this here.

“It’s shocking, I know we get kids fighting but never anything like this. It’s been a quiet spot for years but they’ve started building a lot [of properties in the area] and it’s got a bit rowdy.”

To get the latest email updates from South Yorkshire Live, click here .

Written by: Rother Radio News


Previous post

UK News

‘I was pretty nervous at first’: COVID jabs rollout reaches 12 to 15-year-olds

Children aged between 12 and 15 have started receiving their COVID-19 vaccinations.Up to three million youngsters are eligible for coronavirus jabs across the UK. Quinn Foakes, 15, was one of the first children in England to get the vaccine. Speaking after receiving his jab at Belfairs Academy secondary school in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, he said: "I was pretty nervous at first but once I'd got it done it was all good […]

today20/09/2021