play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (128k) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (64K) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (128K) More Music Variety!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (64K) The Best Variety of Hits!

Music News

Dave Keuning offered songs on his upcoming solo album to The Killers first

today22/04/2021

Background
share close

Dave Keuning’s upcoming second solo album features tracks he offered The Killers.

The 45-year-old musician has announced his new record, ‘A Mild Case of Everything’ – the follow-up to 2019’s ‘Prismism’ – and released the new single, ‘Ends Of The Earth’.

And the lead guitarist, who has been on a hiatus from the band since 2017, when he pursued a solo career, has revealed he offered some of the tracks on the LP to the ‘Somebody Told Me’ group first.

He told Rolling Stone: “Quite a few of these songs were shown to the Killers and, for whatever reason, not used.

“And so I used them. I just didn’t want to hold onto some of them any longer because I’m not getting any younger. I wanted to finish them.”

‘A Mild Case of Everything’ is released on June 25.

Meanwhile, The Killers previously revealed how the band embraced the “opportunity” of Dave’s departure to have “fun” with their latest LP ‘Imploding the Mirage’.

Although they initially tried to cover his absence, they eventually realised they had the chance to try new things.

Drummer Ronnie Vannucci said: “His absence helped us navigate things in a different way.”

Singer Brandon Flowers added: “At first we were guilty of trying to make it sound like we had a lead guitarist present. But we used the absence as an opportunity.

“I’ve got these keyboards I can play and we have these other ideas and so it opened up new doors and it was fun.”

Earlier this year, Dave reunited with his bandmates in the studio.

The musician was seen in their session for their next record during an Instagram Live in January.

Written by: Rother Radio News


Previous post

Music News

Mick Fleetwood: Fleetwood Mac have not broken up

Mick Fleetwood has insisted Fleetwood Mac have not "broken up".The 78-year-old music icon co-founded the ‘Chain’ hitmakers and he believes that they will figure out a "classy way" to bid farewell when the time is right, as he insisted "we are still a band".Reflecting on the unprecedented past year amid the coronavirus pandemic, he told The Times newspaper: “The last year has been so catastrophic for all of us.“We’ve all been […]

today22/04/2021


Search Rother Radio

About Us

Rother Radio – Love Local, Love Music! → Discover more