play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (128k) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Rother Radio (64K) Love Local, Love Music!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (128K) More Music Variety!

  • cover play_arrow

    Hit Music Radio (64K) The Best Variety of Hits!

Local News

Sheffield takeaway slams staff after they let customers eat inside

today21/04/2021

Background
share close

A Sheffield takeaway has spoken out after a video emerged online of a group eating their food inside and not social distancing.

The video of Mosborough Pizza and Kebab house was taken on Monday, April 19, and showed four men sat eating their takeaway inside the premises.

Three other people can also be seen waiting inside for their orders, some without masks on.

A video of the incident was shared on Twitter account Sheff Local with a caption: “Four customers experiencing the dine-in facilities whilst their two maskless friends (one of whom chose to relieve himself in the street 5 yards from where he’d been drinking at the Queens) place their orders. Pandemic? What pandemic? @SheffCouncil @syptweet.”

To get the latest email updates from South Yorkshire Live, click here .

A spokesperson for the takeaway said the business has taken safety extremely seriously throughout the pandemic and the incident happened while the owner was out delivering food.

It has issued a plea for its customers to follow the rules.

A spokesperson for Mosborough Pizza and Kebab House said: “It was a busy evening and Emre was out making deliveries when this video was recorded but as soon as he came back and found out what had been going on he immediately made those customers go back outside, reminded his staff of the rules and bounced them off the ceiling.

People can be seen eating inside of Mosborough Pizza and Kebab House
People can be seen eating inside of Mosborough Pizza and Kebab House
(Image: SheffLocal)

“Emre is a responsible owner and he does his best to make sure all his customers stick to the rules but on this occasion he holds his hands up and admits they got it wrong.”

They have also urged customers to stick to the rules.

Indoor hospitality is not set to be allowed until at least May 17, for now only outdoor hospitality is allowed.

Sheffield City Council say that it has not received any complaints from the public about this business. Now it is aware, however, a visit is being arranged to the premises.

Steve Lonnia, Head of Licensing at Sheffield City Council, said: “Throughout the pandemic and at every stage of Government restrictions, we have had teams out seven days a week monitoring business activity and responding to complaints.

“So far more than 11,000 interactions have been made, 400 in the last seven days alone, to support businesses in Sheffield, ensure rules are followed and enforce against those who don’t.

“We make general visits across the city – some planned, some not – with resources often focused on places known to us and areas where infection rates are high.

Enter your postcode to check food hygiene ratings near you

“We have received more than 3,600 complaints about non-compliant businesses from members of the public and we respond to these as quickly as possible.

“No complaints have been made about this particular business, but we have arranged a visit to check they understand the current rules and have the relevant measures in place to uphold them.

“We will work with them to make sure they are Covid complaint going forward.”

If you have concerns about the safety of a business you should contact Sheffield City Council on healthprotection@sheffield.gov.uk as soon as possible.

Written by: Rother Radio News


Previous post

World News

Hundreds of pro-Navalny protesters arrested as opposition leader continues hunger strike in jail

Hundreds of protesters have reportedly been arrested in Russia after demonstrating in support of Alexei Navalny.The protests came as the critic of Vladimir Putin continues his hunger strike from prison, with his allies saying he is risking kidney failure or cardiac arrest. His health has been worsening and the supporters are calling for Mr Navalny, 44, to receive medical attention. Image: Alexei Navalny is on hunger strike in prison OVD-Info, […]

today21/04/2021


Search Rother Radio

About Us

Rother Radio – Love Local, Love Music! → Discover more